Welcome to Neighborhood Music School.
Isn't it time you got to know us better?
QUICK FACTS ABOUT NMS:
- One of the 10 largest community arts schools in the country
- Founded in 1911 as part of the settlement movement; one of the oldest community organizations in New Haven
- Number of students: more than 2,500 students annually from 80+ cities and towns across Connecticut
- More than 30 instruments and 7 genres of dance taught
- Ages of students: 6 months to 90+ years
- 1,200 students take private music lessons at all levels
- 150 weekly classes for children and adults
- 100 weekly ensembles with more than 450 participants
- More than 130 faculty members
- 15 percent of students receive financial aid or scholarship assistance
- Size of New Haven campus: 30,000 square feet
- Other program locations: Guilford, Madison and Woodbridge
- A full range of programming for both children and adults
- A state-certified preschool
- More than 200 events and productions each year
Neighborhood Music School is so much more than a school: It's a rich and vibrant artistic community. Won't you join us?