Community: The Neighborhood Difference
Walk through the doors of Neighborhood Music School, and you’ll sense something special. You can’t help but feel the unique brand of energy and excitement that’s generated when people come together to share artistic experiences.
Our integrative teaching philosophy allows for rich interactions among students of all ages, abilities and interests. The NMS community thrives in informal jam sessions, multi-genre play-ins, a wide range of workshops, mixed skill-level recitals and even the hallway discussions among students, family members, faculty and staff.
At NMS, we know an arts education improves the quality and enjoyment of life. But we also live and breathe it every day. We encourage you to come give it a try!
• Music, dance and drama for all ages and skill levels
• Our accomplished faculty will encourage, challenge and support you
• Our halls are filled with energy, excitement, conversation and laughter
• We offer need-based financial aid
• Ensembles and classes: the joy of making music with others
• A welcoming, safe environment where the entire family can gather, learn and grow
• Perks you can’t get anywhere else: performance opportunities, professional accompanists, special discounts and more!
• A whole world of creativity under one roof!
Benefits of an arts education
• Students learn life lessons through the arts
• Increases self-confidence and focus
• Improves cognitive ability, critical thinking and social development
• Early childhood classes develop language and math skills
• Children learn the importance of patience, persistence and collaboration