The youngest dancers (ages four to five) can start with Preballet or Creative Dance. Subsequent classes build upon fundamentals and allow students to explore other forms ranging from modern and jazz to hip-hop and tap. We also offer salsa, Zumba and yoga classes.
Live musical accompaniment enhances many NMS dance classes. Students in most semester-long classes will have the opportunity to perform in a concert production.
Class placement is made by the program head. Many classes require no previous dance experience. All children's classes are suitable for boys and girls. Read the Dance Program's vision statement.
We encourage students to participate in dance ensembles as a supplement to their classes. Ensembles concentrate on choreographic techniques and performance. Dancers have the opportunity to perform in the Winter and Spring Concerts. Interested students should speak with their teacher.
Dance Class Rates and Options
We also offer these payment options.
- Yoga and Exercise Class "drop in" fee is $25 per class; five classes for $100.
- The Adult Dance Card lets you sample any 10 adult classes for $250 (subject to class availability; valid for one semester only).
- Students currently enrolled in the Preschool at NMS receive a 50 percent discount on dance classes.
- See Discounts for more information about our dance discount for students enrolled in music lessons or classes or who take dance classes.
- Music Ensembles
- Early Childhood Music
- After-School Arts Academy
- Special Programs
- Community Programs
- Summer at NMS
- NMS Guilford
- Birthday Parties
- Fisher Competition